The Auto-Transcriber analyzes speech in video and audio files and generates text, all within your browser.
- All in your browser
Simply drop a video or audio file into the Auto-Transcriber in your browser to automatically create text from the file.
The transcribed text is shown in your browser, where you can directly edit mistakes in the text. You can also download a text file of the results.
The Auto-Transcriber only supports Google Chrome.
- Support for over 110 languages
The Auto-Transcriber supports transcription of over 110 languages. See Google’s Language Supportopen_in_new page for more details on supported languages.
- Automatic sentence break detection
The Auto-Transcriber automatically detects sentence breaks and separates them into new lines.
- Supports video and audio files in MP4, MOV, and MP3 formats
The Auto-Transcriber supports MP4, MOV, and MP3 files, three of the most commonly used video/audio formats.
- Supports files up to 3 hours long
You can generate text for files up to 3 hours long with a 6 GB maximum file size.
- Downloadable text results
You can download the transcribed text results as a plain text, CSV (UTF-8), CSV (Shift JIS), WebVTT, or SubRip format file. You can also select between LF or CR+LF for the newline break type.
- Just $0.10 per minute
Charges are calculated based on the total time of the video or audio file at a rate of $0.10 per minute (rounded up to the minute).
- Setup a MAGELLAN BLOCKS full version account
Only full version MAGELLAN BLOCKS accounts can use the Auto-Transcriber. Refer to the Appendix: Creating a full version MAGELLAN BLOCKS account section for more information.
You cannot use the Auto-Transcriber with a free trial account.
- Enable the Auto-Transcriber
In order to use the Auto-Transcriber, you’ll need to enable it in BLOCKS by doing the following:
- Click the menu (menu) icon in the global navigation bar.
- Click Auto-Transcriber.
- Click Start.
Using the Auto-Transcriber
Using the Auto-Transcriber is very simple. The three steps are as follows:
- Open the Auto-Transcriber
- Click the menu icon (menu) in the global navigation bar.
- Click Auto-Transcriber.
This opens the Auto-Transcriber.
- Configure the language settings
The upper portion of the Auto-Transcriber contains two language settings. The display language option changes the language that the Auto-Transcriber is displayed in. The voice language option refers to the language spoken in the file you upload. You must configure the voice language setting setting before uploading your file.
- Change the display language as necessary.
- Change the voice language as necessary
- Upload a video or audio file
Drag an audio or video file into the upload area, or click Select File. The Auto-Transcriber will start transcribing the file immediately.
If successful, the Auto-Transcriber will its results as shown below (video file results shown):
- The video or audio file name.
- Click to delete the results.
- Select the file format for downloading the results.
- Select the new line formatting for the results.
- Click to download the text results.
- Play the portion of the audio/video corresponding with the text.
- Click text to edit it.
- Details about the file.
For video files, you can control whether or not to display the subtitles by hovering your cursor over the video and clicking the CC button in the bottom-right corner.
- Click to toggle captions on or off.
Appendix: Creating a full version MAGELLAN BLOCKS account
The Auto-Transcriber is only available to full version users, and not available during the free trial. To create a MAGELLAN BLOCKS full version account, do the following: