In the Flow Designer, you can use variables to pass data between BLOCKS in a Flow.
Variables have the following characteristics:
- You can use multiple variables. Each different variable is identified by its assigned name.
- Regarding variable names:
- Variable names can contain letters (a–z, A–Z), numbers, and underscores (_).
- You cannot name variables using only numbers.
- BLOCKS uses predefined variables with names that start with an underscore (_). These variables are listed below, and more may be added in the future:
Variable Explanation _flow_aliases
Contains the Flow’s user-assigned ID.
Contains an automatically assigned numerical identifier given to each Flow
Contains the name of the Flow’s Start of Flow BLOCK.
Contains the Flow Designer’s URL.
Contains the subdomain of the Flow Designer’s URL.
E.g., The ***** portion of a URL like https://*****.magellanic-clouds.net/
- Variables are only active while a Flow is running.
- Variables can be used as input or output for BLOCKS.