Getting started with BLOCKS
A BLOCKS account is required to use the BLOCKS service. There is no charge for registering accounts.
You can register a new account by clicking Register on the BLOCKS main page or by clicking the link below.
|BLOCKS account registration||https://console.magellanic-clouds.com/blocks-demo-demo/user/sign_up open_in_new|
The basic registration process is as follows:
- Register through an external service:
To register through a Google or GitHub account, follow the steps outlined below:
- Click Sign in with Google to register through a Google account or click GitHub register through a Github account.
- Verify your account through Google or GitHub.
- On the BLOCKS account registration screen, fill out your organization name, account name, and other required fields. Click Submit button once finished.
- An email will be sent to the address you registered.
- Follow the directions in that email and click the URL contained within. This will open the BLOCKS sign in screen where you can enter your registered email and password to access BLOCKS.
- Register with a new BLOCKS account:
If you do not want to register through a Google or Github account, follow the steps below to register a new BLOCKS account.
- Enter an email address, password, and other required items on the BLOCKS account registration page and press Submit.
- An email will be sent to the address you entered on the registration page.
- The email will contain instructions to click a confirmation link. Clicking the link will open the BLOCKS sign in screen where you can enter your registered email and password to access BLOCKS.
The image above shows the BLOCKS account registration page. Each item is explained in the chart below:
|1||Register through an external service||Register through a Google or GitHub account with these buttons.|
Select which type of account to register.
|3||Organization (company name)||Enter the name of your organization, team, company, or group.|
|4||Account name||Enter an account name that will identify your account. Account names must be at least 3 characters and can contain only letters and numbers.|
|5||Email address||Enter the email address you would like to be connected with your BLOCKS account. Notifications sent from the BLOCKS service will be addressed to this email.|
|6||Password||Enter a password of at least 8 characters.|
|7||Confirm password||Reenter your password.|
|8||Language||Select the display language setting for BLOCKS as English or Japanese.|
|10||Submit button||Click this button to submit your registration form.|
The steps that follow after you log into BLOCKS for the first time will differ depending on the type of account you select. Please refer to the following documents for details: